februari 18, 2010

We had some friends over yesterday

It was pretty nice eventhough the wifey only speaks french and arabic. I don't speak french and I don't like to talk arabic anymore... Or well I haven't been speaking arabic for about 4 months. I almost forgot how :P Not that I was speaking a lot of arabic during my stay in Lebanon, but I did listen to it everyday all day long and I had to speak arabic sometimes. But now, just the thought of having to speak arabic makes me feel awkward. Anyway it was pretty nice and I enjoyed the 2 hours or so visit. When they left they told me to keep in touch and if I ever wanted to go somewhere while my hubby is at work I could just call the wifey and go out with her since she has her own personal driver. If I will take her up on her offer I'd be challenged to talk arabic with her. I'm pretty sure I would, if only me and her around, she would do her best to try to understand me and she would(hopefully) not make fun of me.
Those who make fun of me don't mean to be cruel I understand that but it still makes me hesitate to speak.

4 kommentarer:

  1. Så kul att du har uppdaterat din blogg=) Jag vet att jag är lika dålig. Känns som man inte har nåt att skriva om...Eller så har man mycket att skriva om ,men man har inte lust eller tid. Roligt att du träffat en väninna=) Klart du ska prata arabiska...jag vet att du kan och har inget att skämmas för=) Sköt om dig!

    SvaraRadera
  2. ilona: vad kul att du tycker det är kul =) Tack för stödet, vi får se hur det blir ;) Sköt om dig du med

    SvaraRadera
  3. Även om norska och svenska ligger nära varann i språket så är det jättejobbigt när folk hakar upp sig på fel man säger. Det förstör ofta det man vill säga och dessutom känns det som att man korrigeras hela tiden. Numera är det sällsynt att jag upplever det, men jag inbillar mig att det kanske är något av samma känsla du får.

    SvaraRadera
  4. dont feel akward speaking arabic....of course when your learning a new language what comes out sometimes makes others smile. my son went through that...but after 4 years of living in Lebanon my son almost forgot how to speak conversational english, and he returned to the states with an accent...loool
    it was cute!

    its always nice making new friends. my closest friend in Lebanon could only speak French...and the only french i knew what Lebanese (combined french and arabic) to our conversations were usually funny but we had a lot of fun together...and shopping together breaks language barriers :)

    SvaraRadera